Australian Multigenerational Labradoodle Dog Breeding
Autumn Lane Doodles
At Autumn Lane Doodles, our dogs are the heart and soul of our program. We love our Doodles immensely! As we work to build and grow our program, we take our time in selecting quality breeding stock that will not only enhance the quality of our program, but also the Australian Labradoodle breed. A paramount consideration for our program is not just the physical well-being of our dogs, but the emotional well-being as well…A healthy, happy, well-rounded Australian Labradoodle is the ultimate goal of our program. We want our Labradoodles to live and thrive as cherished pets; in homes with families that share our commitment to loving and caring for our dogs. This is what make guardian homes essential. We are not a kennel and do not desire a kennel like environment for our dogs; therefore, in order to continue to grow a quality program with consideration to our beloved dogs and the life they deserve, we have implemented a Guardian program.
A guardian is a local family, who has the benefit of having the pick of the litter puppy, or adolescent dog, who has been fully health tested to ALAA's standard, reside with them at a reduced price. As a guardian, our dog resides with you as your forever pet; however, we retain decision making rights of the dog until his/her breeding career is completed. Once your cherished pet's breeding carrier is completed (based on the individual contractual arrangement between you and Autumn Lane Doodles), your pet will be spayed or neutered at our expense and your initial payment will be returned to you*.
As a guardian, an initial fee of $500.00 is required. As a guardian, you would be responsible for the day to day care of the puppy/dog, including feeding a high quality dog food, grooming, training and socialization, exercise, preventative care, such as heart worm and flea and tick prevention; and routine medical and veterinary care, as you would with any family pet. Autumn Lane Doodles is responsible for veterinary and medical care related to the reproductive health and welfare of the puppy/dog; this includes health testing. Of most importance, is the love and affection our dog receives. By training and socializing your dog, your dog will better understand his or her place in your pack and the world they live in. What better gift of love can a pack leader (you) give?!
Being a guardian provides the best of two worlds! You have the wonderful benefit of having an Autumn Lane Doodle pick of the litter puppy or dog reside with you as your forever pet at a reduced cost, while you also share in the joy of being a part of the Autumn Lane Doodles family through your beloved pet and the puppies they produce! At the end of your dog's breeding career your initial payment is returned to you*; In addition, you will have the gift of continuing to witness how your beloved dog's legacy continues to influence the future of our program!
Some basic prerequisites to qualify as a guardian:
1) Willingness to feed the recommended diet.
2) The primary caregiver can not work FULL time out side the home causing the dog to be left home alone for long periods of time. Part-time employment or ability to take dog to work is desirable.
3) No intact male dogs (not neutered) should be residing on the premises to increase a risk of an unwanted mating.
4) Must reside within 1 hour of Autumn Lane Doodles (Taneytown, MD area), and, No anticipated job transfers that remove the dog beyond this 1 hour time radius from Autumn Lane Doodles while the Guardian Agreement is in effect. You must be willing to transport the dog to us.
5) Willing to train the dog and obtain Basic Canine Obedience, at a minimum.
6) Must have a physical fence or an invisible fence.
7) A willingness to accept and follow breeder's recommendations for the dogs basic health care and veterinarian care, such as vaccine schedules, heart worm, flea and tick and the use of certain medications, etc.
8) A willingness to maintain open lines of communications with Autumn Lane Doodles with matters related to the dog.
9) A willingness to allow me to visit your home, only when necessary, and be able to visit my home so the dog and I are familiar to one another.
If you are interested in being interviewed and/or wish to learn more about this program please contact me for further details.
*Contingent upon contractual arrangement